TITLE: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Development Team
FLSA STATUS: Exempt with some nights and weekends
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Nevada is seeking a Development Associate who possesses knowledge of non-profit development, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and enthusiasm to join a dynamic and growing team. This position is an integral member of the development and RMHCNN Chapter team and will offer critical support to the eclectic development of the organization, including event management.
Maintaining Donor Database
- Ensure information in Bloomerang is input in a timely and accurate manner
- Address updates (moves, capturing seasonal addresses)
- Adding new constituent records
- Constituent Notes & Actions
- Basic Queries
- Donor Stewardship, as needed
- Professional communications with donors and supporters
- Administrative tasks (scanning, sorting, filing, copying, answering phones, scheduling)
- Provide assistance with grant applications and follow-up and reporting as requested by the CEO
- Assist with fundraising campaigns to include but not limited to end-of-year, etc.
- Coordinate and manage 3rd party events
- Sign up companies and groups for 3rd party events
- Provide support for 3rd party fundraising events
- Assist the CEO, board and committee volunteers in soliciting auction items for events
- Attend all RMHC fundraising events and provide logistical support
- Support event committee work on planning, execution, and follow-up for all RMHCNN events
- Maintaining branding guidelines
- Staying within budget
- Tracking and reporting on marketing deadlines
- Creating, maintaining, and reporting on events in online platforms
Red Shoe Society Coordination
- In conjunction with the RSS volunteer leadership, coordinate RSS activities to include, planning and promoting events
- Assist in building the RSS membership
- Researching prospects and assist in development of approach
- Creating marketing materials in online program
- Reports to CEO and Development team
- Updating and managing calendar date for events
- Solicitation of auction/raffle items
- Website audit
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of Donor Databases required (Bloomerang preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required (specifically Mail Merge using Excel and MS Word)
- Knowledge of creative software programs (Canva preferred)
- Experience working in a non-profit setting preferred
- Comfortable working independently and contributing to a dynamic team
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and growing environment in a shared office space
- Exceptionally well-organized and a strong ability to prioritize
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and team player mentality
- High level of professionalism and service
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Events@RMHCNNevada.org.