TITLE: Guest Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time or Part-time
The Guest Services Associate is responsible for the safety and overall oversight of the program space and guests, the House and Family Room at Renown. The position will maintain the atmosphere of a caring environment with guests, volunteers and other staff following policies, procedures, and standards set by RMHCNN.
- Ensure the safety and security of guests and facilities during their shift.
- Respond to guest complaints, taking prompt and appropriate actions to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Conduct arrival and departure audits of guest rooms and common areas to ensure that RMHCNN high cleaning standards are maintained. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, board members, families, as well as the public.
- Accurately input data into GRMHIS, program management software.
- Perform the function of “manager on duty” when alone on shift, and act as the first point of contact for any issues that may arise during a scheduled shift.
- Stocking and monitoring inventory of supplies and consumable goods; keeps a current list of needs for Program Director.
- Use a daily task list to ensure required operational tasks and duties are completed.
- Interact with and offer comfort to guests in a supportive manner, as appropriate.
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making and reporting issues to Program Supervisor, as appropriate.
- Pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee program operations and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Respond to emergency situations and know how to use all safety equipment.
- Communicate about events that occurred during a shift, through shift reports and GRMHIS journal entries.
- Housekeeping such as vacuum, dust and disinfect; and cleaning of guest rooms.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma or GED; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years in a same or similar position.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with operational software programs a plus.
- Hotel/hospital experience beneficial.
- General knowledge and demonstrated experience of office administration.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the public.
- Present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Calculation of figures and amounts.
- Must demonstrate highly developed customer service skills, including a positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, and appropriate dress required.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be organized, focused, and have a track record of excellent judgment.
- Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English language.
- Spanish language skills are beneficial.
- Ability to work holidays, nights and weekends, and cover shifts as needed/on-call basis.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical demands of the position regularly require standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling; talking or hearing. Frequently required to be on feet. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and stay awake for overnight hours if scheduled. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, overnights/graveyard, and holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.