Volunteers fuel our work of keeping families close and are the heart of Ronald McDonald House Charities® Northern Nevada. Without our volunteers, we would not be able to serve hundreds of families each year.
Become one of our volunteers today. There are plenty of ways to help!
Ronald McDonald House®
must be 18 years old and able to fulfill at least one 4-hour shift per month
- Help provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for guests.
- Offer resources to families, such as options for lodging and other services.
- Keep simple statistical records and register guests.
- Keep the Family Room neat and tidy.
- Enforce rules and guidelines when necessary.
- Listen actively to room visitors and show empathy.
Families who stay at the Ronald McDonald House® rely on our refrigerator, freezer and cupboards being full of fresh food so they can spend their time at the hospital instead of the grocery store. Your group can spend time collecting items we need every day (paper towels, toilet paper, tin foil, etc.) and bring them by for a tour of the House at the close of the drive.
Cook a meal.
Check out our Chef Program, to learn more about cooking dinner for the families staying at the House.
Organize a fundraiser.
Car washes, bake sales, garage sales, or any event you may think of, can be fun for teams to organize and execute. Prior to the fundraiser, schedule a tour so you can see who you’re helping and how your money will support our mission.To volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House® or the Ronald McDonald Family Room®, download the volunteer application and submit to email@example.com.