What is the Red Shoe Society?
The Red Shoe Society (RSS) is a group of like-minded, young philanthropists (21 years +) committed to supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Northern Nevada through fundraising, volunteering, and networking. RSS members share a collective goal to spread awareness of RMHC and make a difference in the lives of families with sick or injured children.
We’d love to share more about what we do with you! Becoming a member is easy and all of our events are open to everyone, members and non-members.
Becoming a Member
As a member of Red Shoe Society (RSS), you have the opportunity to make an incredibly positive impact in the lives of families depending upon the Ronald McDonald House®, surrounded by Northern Nevada’s most passionate young professionals. The RSS kindly asks for your participation in volunteering and fundraising to help support the families of RMHC. An in-kind or cash donation of $10 per month, which pays for the suggested donation of a family’s one-night stay at RMHC®, is always welcomed. Within the first minute of your membership, you are supporting families!
Opportunities for Members
- Learn how RMHC enriches the quality of life for children and their families
- Gain experience in nonprofit program development, event coordination, marketing, and fundraising through our RSS committees.
- Network with like-minded young professionals, community leaders, and the RMHC Board of Directors
- Ability to serve in a leadership capacity on the RSS Board via annual election
- Volunteer in ways that directly impact families in crisis